• are available for work during the time required for position
• have a reliable car, car insurance, and a valid driver’s license
• have a smartphone. Yes we have to say this!
• comfortable with technology
• comfortable driving to 2-3 clients per day
• work independently
• are by nature organized, detailed, focused and proactive
• can speak, read, and write English proficiently
• are able to provide 2-3 professional references
• have a history of staying with a job for a year+
• offer excellent, hands-on, paid training (no cleaning experience necessary!)
• provide top of the line equipment and earth friendly products
• have a fun, supportive atmosphere with stable and effective management
• are independently owned and family operated
• live by the “your-thoughts-and-ideas-matter-here”, non-corporate approach to doing business
• go above and beyond the newly voted-in minimum wage, and pay our employees MORE than just a living wage. We offer part time or full time hours, and don’t burden them with the expenses and liabilities of being an independent contractor
Pay & Benefits
Yeah, its kind of important.
NEW CLIENT BONUS
If you refer a client to us for recurring cleaning you receive a one time bonus based on percentage of revenue.
THE NORMAL DAY
Our work days are primarily spent providing ongoing maintenance cleanings for our clients in Nashville. After training, our cleaners work solo-style. Occasionally we team up for bigger cleaning jobs, so expect to clean alongside your co-workers several times per week. We drive directly to the first client’s office, complete the scheduled cleanings, and then are done for the day. Most offices we clean range between 1 – 3 hours per building. Everyone looks forward to connecting with each other at our meetings.
EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT
All of our cleaners are bonafide employees. There are no licensing requirements for our staff. Our company pays for and provides all top-of-the-line cleaning supplies and equipment. As your employer, we calculate and manage all normal payroll tax payments. We always pay you on time, on the 1st and 15th of every month. Our employees have none of the burdens or liabilities associated with being an independent contractor. Watch out! Some cleaning agencies tout unbelievably high wages, however your take-home pay as an independent contractor ends up being considerably less.
6 MONTH BONUSES
At Mint, we also provide additional work for any openings in your schedule with tasks such as office work or special projects/errands. Technically, the hours are not “guaranteed”, but we are a thriving business and typically have more work than we need!
CLEAN THE SAME CLIENTS
Yes, for the most part. We set up your schedule with primarily on-going clients who are on a regular cleaning schedule and who are relatively close to one another so your drive time is minimized. You will also have opportunities to do initial cleanings for new clients who may then become your regular on-going client. Our clients and cleaners like to get to know one another and appreciate as much consistency and routine as possible.
ALLERGIES, BACK PROBLEMS, PRODUCT SENSITIVITY
If you know that you are allergic to pets, dust or cleaning products this job may not be a good fit for you. Our on-going cleanings are done using non-toxic products, however, some sensitivities are extreme enough that even non-toxic cleaning may be a problem. We do not suggest cleaning as a good line of employment for people who have suffered previous back injuries or who are prone to back problems. Some employees have been able to have successful long term employment in cleaning using doctor prescribed allergy medication to offset pet allergies and people with back issues have had some relief with the use of a back support belt. Your health and well being are of the utmost importance, however, so we suggest employment that does not complicate existing health issues.